What you should know about Invoice data integration?
- Ditat TMS does not retrieve invoices from QuickBooks.
- Ditat TMS only creates invoices in QuickBooks.
- Ditat TMS will check if an invoice with same Ref Number already exists, if it does - it won't export.
- If an invoice already exists in QuickBooks (with the same number) - Ditat TMS will mark it as exported and write a warning in the export report.
- Ditat TMS only sends certain fields to QuickBooks (see below). Other fields can be changed/added in QuickBooks and will not be affected by export.
- Due to QuickBooks 11 Character limit Ditat TMS will shrink the Invoice ID to be in compliance. IN-0000123456-01 will transfer as 123456 -01 to QuickBooks.
Fields exported to QuickBooks
- Customer reference id will be sent with invoice. This will allow QuickBooks to pull all of the address and related info.
- Invoice Date.
- Invoice Due Date. Ditat TMS does not have same concept of terms as QuickBooks, you may want to change Invoice Template to display Due Date instead of Terms.
- Reference Id #1 from Ditat TMS will be sent to PO Number fields in QuickBooks.
- Invoice Notes will be mapped to Memo field in QuickBooks.
- Item reference Id will be sent with detail line. This is the payment type mapped to a Service Item in Quick Books.
- Description fields will be mapped to Description.