|On this page|
My driver quit. When I try to delete a record, I get a message notifying me that associated records exist and that I cannot proceed. How do I delete this record?
Records such as messages, trip information, etc still exist in our system and are linked to the driver. The following needs to be done:
- Edit the driver record and remove the device from the driver's file.
- Mark the driver's record as inactive.
Our system is constantly purging old data. After a retention period passes, you will be able to remove this inactive driver because all the associated data will be purged.
How do I move a device from one driver to another?
A device can only be associated with one driver at a time. To change the driver using the device:
- Remove the device from the old driver by going to the Maintain Drivers window and clearing the device field.
- Add the device to the new driver and save the new information.
I moved QuickBooks to another computer and now get an error when trying to run web connector?
Error QBWC1039: There was a problem adding the application. Check the QBWCLog.txt for details.
Error Unique Owner ID/File ID required.
This error could be caused either of 2 things:
- The company file has been moved from its original location.
- The third-party application or Warehouse Manager was incorrectly removed from the QuickBooks Web Connector.
In order to fix this problem, follow these steps to remove and then re-install the web connector:
Reinstall the .qwc file to Web Connector
- Download the QBWC CP3 Tool (Note: this requires Internet Explorer 10).
- Double-click the QBWC_CP3Tool_Installer.exe file to install the tool.
After the installation completes, select Launch the QBWC CP3Tool.
Minimize the tool.
- If you haven't done so already, download the .qwc file for you application.
- If you are using Warehouse Management, you can find the .qwc file by clicking the Settings Icon/ Maintenance option.
- If you are unsure how to get the .qwc file for another application, contact your third party vendor for more information.
- Open QuickBooks and select the company file you are having trouble with.
- Make a backup copy of this company file. (the tool asks you to do this, so it easier to do it first.)
- Bring the QBWC CP3Tool back up oin the screen by clicking it in the taskbar.
- Click Select File and locate the .qwc file
- Click Remove Stamp.
- When the Application Certification appears, select the third option, Yes, whenever this QuickBooks company file is open, and then click Continue.
- In the Application Access Request window click Yes.
- On the access confirmation message, click Done.
- Click OK on the message asking you to make a back up, since you already did this in step 7.
- The QBWC CP3Tool will display a confirmation message if the owner ID was successfully removed.
- Close the QBWC CP3Tool.
- Install the .qwc file to the Web Connector:
- Open Web Connector and click Add Application.
- Go to the .qwc file for your third- party application and open it.
- Enter your third-party password in the Web Connector and click Yes on the message to save the password.
The Web Connector is now ready to sync.
When running web connect I get an authentication error.
Removed old connection and got this message "error code QBWC 1048 and QBWC 1051."
If my APP url (on notepad) is: https://example.com/quickbooks, I would remove "/quickbooks."
I want fleet owners to only be able to view their own trucks when they log in. How do I do that?
Sometimes a subscriber would like to share some information with the fleet owners.
For example, it is possible that part of the fleet is owned by another company. The subscriber dispatches the trucks but the owner would like to track his own trucks.
The system security needs to be configured:
- Set up a new group, i.e. Fleet owners. Configure this group with minimal permissions allowing these users to log into the TMS and track their own assets. See image right below.
- Set up another group for dispatching. Call this group FleetXYZ but do not give any permissions to the group. This will just be for messaging and grouping assets.
- Assign each driver from this owner's fleet to the group you just created. Do it by specifying the Dispatch Group in the Maintain Drivers view.
- Create a User Account for the fleet owner. Add the user to the Fleet owners group and the FleetXYZ group. The first group will give the owner permission to log in and view appropriate pages. The second group will tell the system which assets this user can see.
- Add your own dispatchers to the group FleetXYZ so that they can see and dispatch those assets.